Sunday, September 6, 2009

Where'd THAT ol' Summer go?

Since I (with Jack and Julie's help) managed to patch things up enough to finish out the season, I've been too fascinated with freakin' Facebook to spend my writing time here on me blog. The sleigh sits on skids at the farm, thanks to a little help from Roger Bodger. She really needs paint and I'll have to switch out the front set of bunk and runners before I can paint all that up and slide it back under the box. Summer has officially come to a screeching halt here. I need to get ready for my Bloomington gig, too.

The text size and style seem to be freaking out on me. Maybe a WordPress blog would work better. What do you think about that, mister Blogger Cookie?

I also hate composing in this little tiny window that only takes up a quarter of the screen.

So I spent the whole summer roofing a little with the Lonnie-Blaster, and taking a lot of naps in the recliner. Never thought I'd have to be working on the roof again, but there ain't a whole lot more going on these days Hardly got any sawing done, but I did go get a couple of neat little LaCroix Indian pony-boys named Makwa and Eddie. I'll have to post some pictures which currently reside on my other computer. I never once went fishing, and only twice got out rowing.

Tonight I am proud to report significant progress on Mr. Dwyer's log bench, and a little maple cut up for firewood. Onward.

Who knows how long it will stay nice like this. No bugs, no rain, hot as it's been all damn summer.

1 comment:

Denny said...

Marco,

You must have SO many friends of Facebook. I'm so jealous! Did I mention I got sick of facebook after about two weeks. My secret monkey color is pinkish. And If I was a fruit I'd be a plantain. My showbiz IQ is one zillion.


Are you going to stop by when you come to Bloomington. I'll drink less this time. Maybe.

Denny